”Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever. . . it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
– Aaron Siskind
My work …
This Aaron Siskind quote embodies “why” I love doing what I do, and “what” I aim to give you.
I am a natural light portrait photographer and I love photographing people. My style is relaxed and emotive, capturing your moments in vibrant photographs with rich colours. Whether you have a beautiful bump, want to document your children’s nature and milestones, have portraits of you with your growing family through the years, or want to celebrate your coupling with your partner, my goal is to capture those irreplaceable moments, turning them into memories to be treasured and revisited for years to come.
Your session with me will be a relaxed one, with a combination of prompted poses and candid/spontaneous shots. My wish is to come away from the session with beautiful and organic photographs that capture genuine joy and love that’s uniquely yours.
About Me …
After jobs in advertising, event management, dancing and many others in between, I picked up a camera with an intent on taking great photos while travelling. Armed with my Canon DSLR, the Lonely Planet’s Guide to Travel Photography and nineteen months away in India, Malaysia, Cambodia and China, I was hooked! For the next few years it would be practising and educating myself on all things photography.
I starting out in travel, wedding and event photography, however, when my daughter was born, she became my little muse! Like all parents everywhere, I couldn’t take enough photos of her when I realised just how fast she was changing. This inspired a real love for capturing portraitures of love.
10 random facts …
- I have lived in 3 capital cities, but ultimately call London home
- I met my husband because he missed his flight
- I’m Mummy to two high-spirited girls
- I can watch films back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back, and have!
- I am not a morning person
- I’m super organised and love spreadsheets
- I have an affinity with cheeky children
- I’m an ENFJ personality type
- I am a huge fan of good manners and common sense
- I love how old photos of my mum brings tears and smiles at the same time… I wish had more of them!