Finally some good news! As restrictions slowly ease in England, from March 29th, it will be safe to resume photo shoots outdoors. YAY! I take your health and safety seriously and will continue to take every precaution to keep you, your family as well as myself safe during the photo shoot.
For your peace of mind, I am happy to say I am fully COVID-19 vaccinated!
We’re almost there! Here is the UK (England) Covid-19 roadmap with relevance to photo shoots:
- Outdoors, most social contact rules will be lifted, but gatherings of more than 30 will be illegal
- Indoors, the rule of six or a larger group of up to two households will be allowed
- HUGS ARE BACK!!!
- All legal limits on social contact removed
Keeping each other safe…
- If you are showing Coronavirus symptoms (a new continuous cough, a high temperature of 37.8 °C or above, a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell), if you or any of your household are self-isolating or awaiting results from a Covid-19 test, please inform me as soon as you know and you should stay at home. Likewise for me, and we will reschedule the session to a date when we are all feeling better and in the clear.
- Please only attend the photo shoot with people who will be in the photographs. I will keep group sizes within government guidelines, which is currently the Rule of 6.
- I will be using a long lens which will allow me to maintain social distancing throughout the session.
- Normally I would come prepared with wipes, hand sanitiser and other bits and bobs, but just to minimise physical contact, please bring your own little useful items such as wipes, tissues, hand sanitiser, comb/brush, band aids etc. Wipes and tissues are especially handy if kids have runny noses.
- According to government guidelines, it is not mandatory to wear face masks outdoors where you can be socially distanced. I will not be wearing a mask during the session as we will be outdoors and already socially distanced. Without the mask on, I will be able to communicate with everyone better if you can see my facial expressions and smiles, especially with children who have never met me before, this will put them more at ease. You will also hear my instructions more clearly, given the added distance for most of the session. You may bring a face mask to wear between photos if you wish, whatever you’re comfortable with… it’s better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it!